The Granum Cemetery is located on the east side of Highway 2, just north of the Secondary Highway 519.
For more information please contact the Town Office, phone 403-687-3822
Granum Town Council Minutes:
■ Granum Minutes February 3, 1908 - Moved to offer C. and E. Land Company fifteen dollars per acre for land for cemetery purposes. *
■ Granum Minutes July 14th - 1908 Cemetery Lots to be sold at ten dollars and half lot at 5 dollars. *
■ Granum Minutes November 23rd, 1908 – A resolution passed that cemetery lots be changed in price from ten dollars per lot to one
dollar per foot. S.J. Slough (Chairman of Council) *
The Granum Cemetery is well known for having the grave outside the actual cemetery.
The grave outside the Granum Cemetery is that of Mary Fitzpatrick, born Sept, 1865 and passed away April 16, 1908. The stone reads “Beloved wife of E.R. Chugg". Mary was the daughter of William Debursey Fitzpatrick and Maria Colbert who came to Canada, to the now Gatineau area in Quebec, from Ireland in the early 1800. Mary and Ebenezer R. Chugg were married in 1894, and in April of 1903 they and their 4 children: Nellie, Edna, Everett and Lila left for Leavings. Memories of Nellie (Chugg) Lang: “In April 1907, our sister Lila died. She had been sick a week; then her appendix ruptured. She was laid to rest in a corner of Mr. R. Laughton’s field where there were no graves. There wasn't a cemetery at this time.
"Then, in 1908, Mama passed away at the age of 42 years. She was the first one laid in the new Granum cemetery. This was not properly surveyed yet, so her grave can be seen still, just outside of the cemetery.” the new cemetery. This was not properly surveyed yet, so her grave can be seen still, justoutside of the cemetery.” *